Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wood n Chimney South Melbourne by Katherine

I recently bought a Groupon deal for this. The deal is $10 for a $20 voucher for one person to spend in Wood N Chimney. I tried to book online but got no answer.

Meld Magazine also have a 25% off the total bill discount in their book.

So what did I do? I walked in. They were happy to take my voucher. At the time there were a few take away coffees to be made but hardly anyone at this time eating in.

The place is about a five minute tram ride from MSAC via route 112 to West Preston. 

The floors were sticky and like Melbourne Central the furniture was really old.


















My waitress didn't smile. She was friendly, but no smile. She also ate on the job, which is something you are not really supposed to do.

But only thing redeeming was the food. The food was better than Melbourne Central's one.

I had the pancakes with Mixed berries and strawberries with Maple syrup ($16) and a short black.  Well the pancakes were supposed to have mixed berries but it only just had blueberries. Maybe they ran out of raspberries? The strawberry was just ok.

The pancakes were a tad bit dry, but they were warm. And they fared slightly better than the ones at Melbourne Central.

The short black was just ok. But it came out very quickly unlike the pancakes which took a while.

I suppose I can't really complain much seeing as I paid $10 for what normally was a $20 meal. Good thing I didn't pay full price. Next time I'll just get a pizza and a lemonade from there rather than Melbourne Central. And I'll be happy to take Sally and the Meld Magazine discount.


Wood n Chimney on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...